On July 5, the Canadian province of Nova Scotia reopened a popular category of its selection through Express Entry stream Through this stream, eligible candidates in the Express Entry pool may apply for a provincial nomination through the (NSNP), one of Canada’s (PNPs).
However, the intake period that began on July 5 closed within hours, showing the popularity of the this NSNP stream. As the most recent intake period indicates, the intake for this stream is capable of being reached within hours, as it has on previous occasions. However, this stream is set to reopen over the next few months and into next year., benefiting potential applicants in the pool who prepare in advance.
Express Entry candidates who wish to apply to Category B of Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry must:
• Have at least one year of full-time (or equivalent part-time) skilled work experience in the last six years in one of the 16 ‘opportunity’ occupations considered by Nova Scotia (listed above);
• Have their foreign education credentials assessed;
• Demonstrate, by way of a standardized language test acceptable to the governments of Canada and Nova Scotia, at least an adequate intermediate language proficiency in English or French (Canadian Language Benchmark 7);
• Obtain at least 67 points on the selection pointing system . Points are awarded based on language proficiency, age, work experience, education, and adaptability; and
• Have a profile in the Express Entry pool.