The August 15 draw issued invitations to candidates from 10 occupations including accountants, public relations managers, and registered nurses
Ontario, home to both Canada’s capital city, Ottawa, and the country’s largest city, Toronto, issued 997 invitations to apply for Canadian permanent residence to Express Entry candidates on August 15.
Express Entry candidates who received an invitation were required to have work experience in one of 10 occupations, as well as a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score between 439 and 465.
The 10 targeted occupations were:
• 0114 Other administrative services managers
• 0601 Corporate sales managers
• 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting
• 0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
• 0621 Retail and wholesale trade managers
• 1111 Financial auditors and accountants
• 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
• 0111 Financial managers
• 1114 Other financial officers
• 0651 Managers in customer and personal services, n.e.c
Since the draws are a part of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)’s Human Capital Priorities Stream, a job offer is not required.