New billboards around Halifax, Nova Scotia, are touting the benefits of immigration and international students in a bid to “get the facts out and set the record straight,” the city’s chamber of commerce says.
The new ads alternate between five messages:
• “Immigration Grows the economy, jobs and diversity.”
• “15,000 international students add over $400,000,000 to Nova Scotia’s Economy.”
• “Nova Scotia is Growing Thanks to Immigration.”
• “Immigration Brings a World of Experience.”
• “Immigration … It’s our Strength, It’s our Story.”
The billboards are an extension of that ongoing strategy.
The billboard massage initially informs residents of Halifax and Nova Scotia how important immigration is to the province's economy growth.
The public response to the new billboards has been “overwhelmingly positive
Raising immigration to Nova Scotia is a key focus of the province’s government, which considers it crucial to revitalizing communities and filling persistent labour gaps.
Last year those efforts resulted in a record 5,970 new permanent residents to Nova Scotia, which the province’s Office of Immigration says it is likely to surpass this year.