The British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) held its weekly round of invitations on May 3. More than 178 BC immigration candidates received invitations to apply for a provincial nomination.
A total of 141 of these candidates were invited through a general draw. Candidates who received invitations in this draw were from the Skilled Worker, International Graduate, and Entry Level and Semi-Skilled subcategories and needed a minimum provincial score between 77 and 123.
In Addition, the province also held three separate draws for candidates in targeted occupations.
- A total of 28 early childhood educators
- International Graduate sub-categories
- Nine healthcare professionals who may be eligible for the Skilled Worker, International Graduate, or the Entry Level and Semi-Skilled sub-categories. In both of these draws, candidates needed a minimum provincial score of 65.
- less than five veterinarians and animal health technologists, and veterinary technicians were invited to apply for Skilled Worker and International Graduate sub-category. These candidates also needed scores of at least 65 in order to be invited.
BC also announced that the BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration (EI) Base category will be reopened to new intake in July 2022 and that an updated EI Base Program Guide will be released at the same time.
The Regional Pilot and the Strategic Projects categories remain open to applications from those interested in investing and establishing a business in BC.
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) invited 315 candidates to apply on May 5. The invitations were divided across three immigration streams:
- Skilled Workers in Manitoba — 249 invitations with a minimum score of 651
- Skilled Workers Overseas — 34 invitations with a minimum score of 691
- International Education Stream — 32 invitations with no score requirement
Out of all who were invited to apply, 48 had profiles in the Express Entry system.
The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) invited a total of 198 candidates to apply for a provincial nomination on May 5.
- 106 invitations went to Express Entry candidates and 91 invitations went to Occupations In-Demand candidates. The minimum Expression of Interest (EOI) score requirement was 85 for both categories of candidates, and they needed to have work experience in one of 40 occupations.
- A total of 54 entrepreneur candidates with scores between 90 and 130 points were selected from the EOI pool