The following important points should be noted as now being confirmed by the authorities:
• The total number of applications accepted will be 1,750 with no more than 1,200 per country. This maximum number of applications may not apply if you have an advanced intermediate level of French demonstrated by a standardized test;
• Application fees are increased to CA$ 10,000 per family with no limit to the number of family members;
• The order of priority for processing applications received will be determined by a random draw;
• MICC must receive applications from 1st to 16th of August 2013, by regular mail only;
• Investment and the net-worth requirements remain the same.
More details around the Simplified procedure, as well as the documentation required is expected to be announced on July 16th .
• Possible change to the definition of dependent children. As announced last month, Citizenship and Immigration Canada has proposed regulatory changes to the regulations that would reduce the age of dependents from 21 and under to 19 and under. The changes would also eliminate the exemption for older dependents in full-time studies. At this stage, it appears that it may affect applications submitted in August.
We will follow this proposed change and inform you as it develops.