On November 13,2015 Citizenship and immigration Canada announced the result of its 20th draw for Canadian immigration through the express Entry program . A total of 1,506 invitation to apply ( ITA) were issued to candidates with 484 or more comprehensive Ranking Points (CRS) points.
There was a slight slight decrease in the number of CRS points required in order for a candidate in the pool to be issued an ITA, compared with the previous draw ,which had a minimum CRS requirement of 489.
This is the first draw that has taken place since Canada’s new Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, announced his new government cabinet. John McCallum is now Canada’s Minister of Immigration, Citizenship and Refugees. Although the main current focus of his department is on refugee settlement, the fact that an Express Entry draw has taken place signifies that economic immigration also remains a priority for the department. Moreover, at an Immigration Law Summit held earlier this week, a department spokesperson stated that an increase in the minimum CRS requirement over recent draws can be largely attributed to Canadian provinces issuing an increasing number of nomination certificates. Consequently, a decrease in the minimum CRS requirement after a break of three weeks since the previous draw may be welcomed by candidates in the pool.
Express Entry quick facts, from January 1 to November 13 (All dates are for 2015)
- Launch date: January 1
- First draw from the pool: January 31
- Most recent draw from the pool: November 13
- Minimum CRS points required for selection in any one draw: 450 (September 18 & October 2)
- Largest number of invitations to apply issued in any one draw: 1,637 (March 27)
- Fewest invitations to apply issued in any one draw: 715
- Largest decrease in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 273 (from May 22 to June 12 draws) Smallest decrease in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 0 (from September 18 to October 2 draws)
- Largest increase in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 302 (from April 17 to May 22 draws)
- Smallest increase in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 0 (from September 18 to October 2 draws)
- Longest gap between two consecutive draws: 35 days (from April 17 to May 22 draws)
- Shortest gap between two consecutive draws: 7 days (on five occasions)
- Total number of invitations to apply issued: 26,550
Draws From The Express Entry Pool (Updated) Date when Invitations To Apply Were Issued Number of Invitations Issued Minimum CRS Points Required Program Specified First Express Entry Draw January 31, 2015 779 886 All Programs Second Express Entry Draw February 7, 2015 779 818 All Programs Third Express Entry Draw February 20, 2015 849 808 Canadian Experience Class Fourth Express Entry Draw February 27, 2015 1,187 735 All Programs Fifth Express Entry Draw March 20, 2015 1,620 481 All Programs Sixth Express Entry Draw March 27, 2015 1,637 453 All Programs Seventh Express Entry Draw April 10, 2015 925 469 All Programs Eighth Express Entry Draw April 17, 2015 715 453 All Programs Ninth Express Entry Draw May 22, 2015 1,361 755 All Programs Tenth Express Entry Draw June 12, 2015 1,501 482 All Programs.
Tenth Express Entry Draw June 12, 2015 1,501 482 All Programs Eleventh Express Entry Draw June 27, 2015 1,575 469 All Programs Twelfth Express Entry Draw July 10, 2015 1,516 463 All Programs Thirteenth Express Entry Draw July 17, 2015 1,581 451 All Programs Fourteenth Express Entry Draw August 7, 2015 1,402 471 All Programs Fifteenth Express Entry Draw August 21, 2015 1,523 456 All Programs Sixteenth Express Entry Draw September 8, 2015 1,517 459 All Programs Seventeenth Express Entry Draw September 18, 2015 1,545 450 All Programs Eighteenth Express Entry Draw October 2, 2015 1,530 450 All Programs Nineteenth Express Entry Draw October 23, 2015 1,502 489 All Programs Twentieth Express Entry Draw November 13, 2015 1,506 484 All Programs.