The Canadian Experience Class is a fast-track program designed to rapidly issue permanent resident visas to foreign students with Canadian work experience.
Candidates must apply through the online Express Entry system.
To qualify you must:
- Have at least one year of full-time skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply, and
- Meet the required language levels for your occupation.
Express Entry is a system used to manage immigration applications under the Canadian Experience Class.
Candidates can complete a profile on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website at any time. Those who meet the requirements of one of the immigration programs will be entered into a pool of candidates. Top ranking candidates will then be invited to apply for permanent residence.
Two-step application process:
- Step 1
- 1. Complete your online Express Entry profile.
- 3. Be accepted into the Express Entry Pool.
- Step 2
- 1. Receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence.
- 2. Apply for permanent residence.