Alberta PNP program offers the following immigration programs:
Alberta Opportunity Stream (AOS)
This program requires a valid work permit for an eligible occupation. Valid work permits are based on one of the following:
• a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
• Some applicants are exempt to apply for LMIA based on one of the following exemptions as determine by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC):
o Workers who apply under the international trade agreements
o workers transferred within a company from overseas branch
o International Experience Canada
o Mobilité Francophone
o Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) holder
Alberta Express Entry Stream
Qualified and selected Candidates will be contacted directly by the AINP and must receive a notification of interest (NOI), before they are able to submit an application under the Alberta Express Entry Stream.
The following applicants will be selected on priority :
o Candidates with strong ties to Alberta will receive a Notification of Interest from Alberta in order to create their express Entry profile to be selected.
o International graduates will also be considered under this stream.
Qualified candidates will be selected directly from the Express Entry pool by the AINP.
Self-Employed Farmer Stream
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants must prove that they have farm management skills and satisfy the followings .
Proof of this may include, but is not limited to:
• financial documentation of an existing farm business
• documentation of education, training and work experience
• a proposed business plan .
• proof that a Canadian financial institution is willing to finance your proposed farming business
• Applicants must be able to invest a minimum of CDN $500,000 of equity in a primary production farming business in Alberta.
Documents must be provided that show a minimum net worth of CDN $500,000 or confirmation of the ability to access to a similar amount of funds from other sources.