Located in Southeast Europe, Bulgaria is a country rich in culture and history. It is one of the youngest European Union (EU) member states.
Through the Bulgaria Investor Program for Residence and Citizenship successful applicants can gain permanent residency or citizenship.
The program offers many advantages:
- Fast process to residency (six to nine months);
- Fast-track option allowing for citizenship within two years;
- Special exemption from physical residence enforced with legislation;
- Government-approved investment and available financing options from banks;
- No language requirements for residence or citizenship;
- No obligation to relinquish current nationality;
- Lowest tax rates and free trade environment within the EU;
- Permanent residents enjoy free movement within the Schengen zone, access to high quality healthcare, and a conditional tax exemption on world income;
- Citizens enjoy an unrestricted right to live, work and study in Europe, and the right to own land in a EU country.
To qualify for the Investor Program for Residence and Citizenship you must:
- Deposit BGN 1 million (€511,292) in a Governmental Bond Portfolio for an investment period of five years, with no further payment required. At the end of the five-year period, the full amount of BGN 1 million (€511,292) will be returned to the investor without any accrued interest. The investment is fully guaranteed by the government bonds. The investment can also be financed through a European Bank;
- Have a personal net worth greater than €511,292 for the full investment option and greater than €1 million for the financed investment option;
- Make the minimum statutory trips to Bulgaria.
Fast-Track Citizenship Option
The fast-track option allows investors to apply for citizenship faster by doubling their investment. The requirements for this option are as follows:
- Have at least one year of permanent residency status;
- Double the investment by putting €512,000 in government bonds or in the capital of a Bulgarian company, which is carrying out a Priority Investment Project (as defined in the Investment Promotion Act);
- Hold second additional investment for a period of two years.
Financing options are available to qualified applicants.
To qualify for Bulgarian citizenship, permanent residents must maintain their status for five years.