Cyprus is an island nation in the Mediterranean Sea. It boasts a rich culture, a mild climate, and a safe and stable setting for raising families.
Through the Cyprus Citizenship-by-Investment Program successful applicants are granted full citizenship.
The program offers many advantages:
- Fast-track procedure allowing for direct path to citizenship within three months;
- No physical residence requirements during or after the application procedure (the only requirement is for one visit every 7 years);
- No language requirements for residence or citizenship;
- No obligation to relinquish current nationality;
- Low tax rates and free trade within the EU;
- Unrestricted right to live, work and study in Europe;
- Right to own land in an EU member state;
- Strategic geographical location, forming a bridge between the EU, the Middle East, and North Africa with direct access to the Mediterranean Sea;
- Low crime rate, excellent education system with a number of high standard schools and universities and first-rate healthcare;
- An outstanding holiday destination.
To qualify for the Citizenship-by-Investment Program you must:
- Hold a permanent privately-owned residence in the Republic of Cyprus, the purchase price of which must be at least €500,000 plus applicable VA; and meet one of the investment options outlined below:
1. Mixed investments and a donation to a state fund
Applicants choosing this option must deposit €2 million for the purchase of shares and/or bonds of the State Investment Company (under formation) and should make a donation of at least €500,000 to the Research and Technology Fund. Investors need to maintain the shares and/or bonds for a period of three years.
2. Direct investment
Applicants choosing this option must make a direct investment of at least €5 million in the purchase of one of the below:
- Businesses or companies
- Financial assets
Investors need to maintain ownership of the assets for a period of three years.
3. Bank deposit
Applicants choosing this option must have a fixed term deposit of at least €5 million for three years in a Cypriot bank.
Clients can leverage their capital by choosing to finance the required investment amount through a European Bank.
4. Combination of options 1, 2 and 3 amounting to at least €5 million
5. Business activities
Applicants choosing this option must be shareholders or beneficiary owners of a company, the management of which is in the Republic of Cyprus and the company has contributed at least €500,000 per annum, in the past three years to state funds (corporate tax, VAT, etc.).
6. Persons whose deposits with the Bank of Cyprus or Popular bank have been impaired
Applicants that have incurred an impairment in deposits on one or both of the aforementioned Banks amounting to a total of at least €3 million can apply for Cypriot citizenship. In case that the impairment incurred is less than €3 million, one can cover the difference by making an additional investment in the above-mentioned options.