Located in Central Europe, Hungary is a country rich in history and culture. It is a member of the European Union and the Schengen Zone.
Through the Hungary Investor Residency Bond Program successful applicants can gain temporary or permanent resident status.
Benefits of temporary residence (annually renewable permit):
- Government-approved investment in bonds;
- Special exemption from physical residence is applied to the main applicant and all qualifying family members;
- Fast application process. All qualifying applicants receive a Hungarian ID for temporary residency (TR) in less than three months, giving them the right to travel freely throughout the Schengen zone.
Benefits of permanent residence:
- A single application process for the main applicant and all qualifying family members, with no mandatory trips to Hungary required;
- A fast and facilitated application process for permanent residency. Applicants and their family members can apply for permanent residency just six months after receiving their TR cards;
- Free movement throughout the Schengen zone.
To qualify for the Hungary Investor Residency Bond Program you must:
- Purchase special Hungarian government bonds in the amount of €300,000 with a maturity of five years. At maturity, the original capital is returned to the investor without accrued interest.
- Once the security is issued to the investor, the Residence Bond Agent will provide an irrevocable declaration certifying that a treasury bond for a nominal value of €300,000, with a five-year maturity, will be purchased from the funds received from the investor within 45 days of his/her residence permit being issued. In addition to the investment, applicants are also required to cover all processing and visa application fees.