The province welcomes over 15,000 immigrants per year through its various immigration streams.
Saskatchewan is one of Canada’s Prairie provinces, and its economy is based on agriculture and natural resources industries such as forestry and fishing.
Saskatchewan Immigration Streams
Candidates looking to immigrate to Saskatchewan can choose from four different options:
- International Skilled Worker Category
- Saskatchewan Experience Category
- Entrepreneur and Farm Category
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Category
International Skilled Worker Category
The International Skilled Worker Category is for skilled workers who want to live and work in Saskatchewan. It consists of four pathways:
- Tech Talent Pathway: for skilled workers in one of 11 tech occupations.
- Employment Offer: for skilled workers with a job offer from a Saskatchewan employer.
- Occupations In Demand: for skilled workers with experience in an in-demand occupation in Saskatchewan, who do not yet have a job offer in the province.
- Saskatchewan Express Entry: for candidates already in the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Express Entry pool, have skilled work experience and an in-demand occupation in Saskatchewan.
Saskatchewan Experience Category
The Saskatchewan Experience Category consists of six pathways:
- Skilled Worker with Existing Work Permit: for skilled workers who have been working in Saskatchewan for at least six months and have a valid work permit.
- Semi-skilled Agriculture Worker with Existing Permit: for semi-skilled workers who have been working for more than six months with a valid work permit for the employer offering the job, or who have previously worked in Saskatchewan at least six months. They must have a full-time job offer from an employer as a General Farm Worker or as a Nursery and Greenhouse Worker.
- Health Professionals: for physicians, nurses and other health care workers who have worked for at least six months in the province.
- Hospitality Sector Project: for food and beverage servers, food counter attendants, kitchen helpers or housekeeping and cleaning staff in Saskatchewan that have been working for at least six months in Saskatchewan.
- Long Haul Truck Driver Project: for workers at an approved trucking firm for at least six months in Saskatchewan.
- Students: for students who have graduated from a post-secondary institution anywhere in Canada, and who has worked in Saskatchewan for at least 24 months.
Entrepreneur and Farm Category
- Entrepreneur Sub-Category: for people who wish to invest in Saskatchewan by establishing, acquiring, or partnering in a business in the province and taking on an active management role in that business.
- Farm Owners and Operators Sub-Category: for experienced farmers with a large capital looking to invest in a farming operation and settle in Saskatchewan.
International Graduate Entrepreneur Category
The International Graduate Entrepreneur Category is for international graduates of eligible post-secondary institutions in Saskatchewan who plan to start a business. If a candidate is approved under this category, they must operate and manage a business in the province for at least a year to be eligible for a provincial nomination for permanent residence.